<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://yellowsuitcasestudios.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Yellow Suitcase Studio: The Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge

I decided to join in on the fun over at blog, Young House Love, for their thrift shop challenge! This was so up my alley!


If you haven't heard the song, take a listen! I'm not really into rap but I love this song -- seriously how many songs can you name that are about rocking thrift store finds?! Beware it's catchy (and this is the clean version, but it's not thaaat clean).



The challenge is as follows:
Step #1. Go to a thrift shop with – just as the chorus of the song says – “$20 in your pocket” and take a picture.
Step #2. Spend that $20 any way you’d like and photograph your spoils.
Step #3. Find one item (or more) referenced in the song and snap a pic.

I went to my trusty Value Village ready to "pop some tags" with $20.

My scavenger finds:
"I’ma take your grandpa's style, I’ma take your grandpa's style. No for real, ask your grandpa, can I have his hand-me-downs?" this is one of my favorite lines :)
"Thank your granddad for donating that plaid button-up shirt"
 "velour jumpsuit"
"I’m in this big a$$ coat from that thrift shop down the road" No shortage of coats like this in Wisconsin!
"They had a broken keyboard, I bought a broken keyboard."

Now for what I actually bought:

A pillow form.
 8 embroidery hoops! I'm doing some wall art with these babies!
And this rusty, dusty mirror that needs some cleaning up!
My husband also bought a book, but I didn't grab a photo of that.

Aaaand the grand total was $8.21!

My husband and I had lots of laughs doing this and rocking out to the song! If you want to get in on the fun too, the challenge is still open and you can add your link here.

Have you had some good recent thrift store finds?


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home