<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://yellowsuitcasestudios.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Yellow Suitcase Studio: Handmade Baby Shower Gifts

Monday, February 18, 2013

Handmade Baby Shower Gifts

I went to a baby shower for my cousin this past weekend and and had some fun making gifts! These are fairly simple projects and I used many materials that I already had on hand. One thing that is great about baby items is that you don't need a lot of fabric and tutorials and patterns are so abundant all over the internet!
For the onesie, I printed out a giraffe silhouette that I found online. You could do this for almost any shape! I used fusible webbing on the fabric so I could iron it on to the onesie. Then, I used a zig-zag stitch around the outside. I also used a small piece of black ribbon for the tail. Don't have any small pieces of thin ribbon? Go to your closet. I'm sure you have a couple dresses or sweaters that have the ribbon loops in the shoulders to keep them on the hanger! Yeah those things that you probably don't use once the item is home!
The pacifier clip is another easy gift to make. There's a great tutorial from Ruffles And Stuff. If you don't have a small piece of elastic for the loop end, you can use a hair elastic!

I just love this hat! Does the fabric look familiar? Remember the turtleneck I refashioned? The turtleneck that I removed was the perfect amount of fabric for the hat! You could make a mom and baby outfit :) I got the tutorial and pattern from Zaaberry.

I also made a rag quilt alphabet! I got the idea and printable letters from the blog, Happy Together.
I layered scrap fabric, batting, and old denim then quilted around the edges of the letters and the inside. It doesn't have to be perfect! I did it really quickly to get through all those letters! To finish them I used pinking shears around the edges then washed them.
I packaged them with twine and mini clothespins so they can use them for decoration or play when baby is a little older.
Do you like hand making gifts for baby showers? If so what do you make?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home