<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://yellowsuitcasestudios.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Yellow Suitcase Studio: Simple Rustic Wreath DIY

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Simple Rustic Wreath DIY


 The holidays are officially upon us! We got our Christmas tree over the weekend and we had some trimmings that I didn't want to go to waste. Thankfully I there was an old metal wreath form in our garage and some wire. I whipped up this wreath in no time! If you don't have a wreath form on hand try using a couple metal clothes hangers (if you happen to have those).

Grab some gloves and a small clippers to trim pieces further if necessary. I found it easiest to have a glove only on my left hand to hold the greenery to the frame and my right hand was free to wrap the wire around the frame. Wrap the wire around the base of the branch to attach it to the frame. You can use the a long piece of wire continuously adding pieces to make it full and covering where you wrapped the previous branch.


Once the wreath is nice and full you can hang it up on your door for everyone to admire your handiwork! I used some ribbon I had in my stash. There are so many options for this! I think it would be awesome with a thick strip of fabric, plaid flannel, or burlap. Use what you have on hand! My trick for hanging it on the door is to use an upside down command hook on the inside of the door and tie the ribbon to it.


Do you use any of the leftover tree trimmings for decor? I'd love to hear how you use them!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home